- Design and install 2 Nr 40m long under track reinforced concrete pits, incorporating step access at both ends, 2Nr sumps to each pit, power and lighting.
- Jacking strip foundations incorporated into pits.
- Install a new 18.3m x 6.3m x 3.66m high galvanised steel workshop, including all services.
- Install 50m long wash apron on the existing sidings, including water and power supply, sump and drainage system.
- Design and Install accommodation based upon maximum 48 staff, 14 desks and 48 lockers, including all services, external staircases, toilets and shower rooms and dry stores.
- External works to provide safe access – hardstanding areas, walkways, access roads, handrails and Armco barrier protection.
- Install 1 Nr. 22,500 litre self bunded fuel tank with 23m hose reel, including power supply and lightening protection.
- Install 1Nr 8 Unit steel bunded 2 tier IBC store with sliding doors to facilitate oil storage.
- Install gas storage cage 2480mm high x 2520mm wide x 3700mm deep with 1.2m wide gate to store gas cylinders.
- Install ‘overtrack’/‘overpit’ 00m x 7.34m wide x 6.30m high canopy, incorporating lighting and fall arrest system.
- Install Weighbridge and Weighbridge Office.
Tyne Yard HOOB
CML were contracted to design and construct a new High Output Operations Base (HOOB) for the High Output train. Working closely with Network Rail and the end user of the depot, we developed a detailed specification for the facility, consisting of pway works, M&E upgrades, installation of new modular accommodation and various civils works to provide maintenance facilities for the High Output operation.
Scroll to read more
Overview of the work completed